One of my goals that I shared for this year is reading 2 books a month. I like to set my goals low so I can reach them and I don’t get disappointed because I am a baby. And good news for me is that I have already accomplished this goal for January! Yay me!
So I didn’t just come here to brag about how great I am at reading (I’m really good. I read REALLY fast. Too fast. Are we sure I actually know how to read?). I want to share with you some recommendations based on what I’m reading, what I’ve already read, and books that I’ll probably reread at some point this year.
- Crazy Rich Asians (series) by Kevin Kwan
- An Absolutely Remarkable Thing by Hank Green
- It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lisa TerKeurst
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (series) by Jenny Han
- Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart
- The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
- The Perfect Letter by Chris Harrison (yes THAT Chris Harrison)
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- Southern Charm by Tinsley Mortimer
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before (series) by Jenny Han
- One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares (I’ve never read it- do I live under a rock???)
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson
- Dating You/Hating You by Christina Lauren
- For the Right Reasons by Sean Lowe (why do I want to read so many Bachelor books)
- Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham
- Harry Potter (series) by J.K. Rowling (duh)
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher
- Why Not Me? By Mindy Kaling
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
*Bold annotates books I’ve already read. If I haven’t read them, I’m not vouching for them or accepting any responsibility if you don’t like them. I might not like them either. We just don’t know.
Here’s what I’m reading (and re-reading) this year, and I’m sure I’ll find a few more gems to share! What are your book goals this year and what books should I add to my list? Let me know in the comments below!!